The Mood Factory was founded in 2004 by Kathryn Goetzke and recently launched their Mini Mood Deodorants ($5/.35 fluid oz.). These all natural, aluminum free, USDA Certified Organic deodorants are a unique blend of carnauba wax, coconut oil, baking soda, and arrow root infused with unique oil blends keep you smelling fresh without the harsh chemicals found in products on the market.
The travel size fits easily into handbags, carry-ons, gym bags, and backpacks, to keep you fresh and happy on the go. Swipe on Mood-Creativity before your boardroom meeting or Mood-Renewal after a rigorous workout. Eight mood-evoking scents are available at shop.themoodfactory.com:
- Mood-Creativity: inspiring blend of cinnamon, spearmint, clary sage, geranium and rosemary
- Mood-Energy: invigorating blend of orange, ginger, peppermint, mandarin and rosemary
- Mood-Happiness: joyful and uplifting blend of lemon, bergamot, mandarin, grapefruit and lime
- Mood-Passion: sensual blend of ylang ylang, rose, frankincense, jasmine, vanilla and geranium
- Mood-Renewal: rejuvenating blend of bergamot, basil, scotch pine, lemongrass, rosemary, grand fir and eucalyptus
- Mood-Sassy: spirited blend of grapefruit, black pepper, fennel and cajeput
- Mood-Serenity: peaceful blend of ylang ylang, ravensara, vanilla, juniper and geranium
- Mood-Tranquility: calming blend of vanilla, lavender, jasmine and chamomile
The intention of the new line is to synergistically combine colors and scents, as research suggests the more senses you engage to elicit a desired response, the more intense the impact.
“Our new Mood Factory products were created based on eight common colors and scents and their most closely associated moods,” said Kathryn Goetzke. “Our aim is to educate consumers on what impacts how they feel, get them engaged in the present moment, and empower them to ‘choose their own mood’ with certified organic consumer goods”.
The company first came to national prominence with the development of a new category of lighting with the launch of Mood-lites,www.mood-lites.com, available in multiple “moods” ranging from Happy™ to Passion™ to Serenity™. The line is currently available at Lowe’s Home Improvement nationwide.
Goetzke is also the founder of iFred (the International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression), www.ifred.org, a non-profit organization whose mission is to shine a positive light on depression and eliminate the stigma associated with the disease through prevention, research and education. Its goal is to ensure 100% of the 350 million people affected by depression seek and receive treatment.
Part of the proceeds of this new line benefits the new Schools for Hope program, www.schoolsforhope.org, an innovative initiative based on research that Hope is teachable, aimed at teaching 5th graders exactly how to hone this skill.